Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Happy Halloween everyone!! I love halloweeen. When I was younger my brother and I would dress up and go trick or treating for hours. We knew all the best neighborhoods who had the most and best candy. At home we would dump our candy out, sort it and then start the trade business. Before bed mom let us have a peice of candy, highlight of the night. Halloween is not the same anymore. The best candy has now been deemed dangerous and it seems kids get less and less each year. I used to have to carry two pillow sacks around. I am telling you, I cashed in with candy. In my teens, trick or treating was still ok to do, dressed up in silly costumes, sang for our treats then went to a Halloween party to see who had the best costume. As an adult trick or treating is no longer allowed, unless accompanied by a child, and dressing up is less likely unless going to an event, which does not always happen. It is also more stressful to pick a costume than when you were a kid. The possibilties were endless when you were a kid, now it seems that our choices as adults are limited. At any rate this year I will be dressing up and going to a halloween party. The decision making process was difficult but I managed to figure out a fun costume.

I am not a fan of scary costumes, I think Halloween should be about the fun and silliness of it all, not to scare the living crap out of someone. I also like to hand out Halloween candy. Not something that is fun when you are a kid but as an adult I appreciate the fun of it. Its fun to look at all the kids costumes, see what creative ideas their little minds come up with. I have also developed a love for walking around a neighborhood to look at the kids costumes. I doubt no one will come to my house for candy so this is the opportunity I must take to get a look at the cute kids running around with pillow sacks screaming the famous Trick or Treat!

Have a fun and safe Halloween!

2 comments:

Coralee said...

so, what did you dress up as?

LLG said...

I am dressing up tonight as a pimp and allister is the "lady friend"