Friday, October 17, 2008

Things that make you go Hmmm

University, that is a thing that makes you go hmmm. Why is it necessary, to get decent jobs but is that really true. In school you learn all these new and cool things. For example I am taking American history and English, both good subjects, and they are interesting. But when I go look for a job in the real world is anyone really concerned what I think about Huck Finn or the Scarlet Letter? Probably not. Does anyone really care that I know the events of the Boston Tea Party or the Civil War, probably not. All employers care about is the fact that you are dedicated and hard working. That is what I am paying 40,000 into debt for? Is too show you on a peice of paper that I can work hard and am dedicated. If you hired me you would know that already. Anyway as I write this rant I am currently sitting at a table about to write another paper which is probably more trouble than what its worth. All I have to say is thank god I am almost done!

Paying it forward, does it really work? I would like to believe it does. I paid it foward today, I bought some random guy a coffee. He was standing behind me in line and I said I was going to pay for that. Don't get too excited, it wasn't b/c he was hot or anything, he was some old dude who looked like a prof here. Not someone who couldn't affored a coffee but I thought it would be my good deed for the day. I wonder if he did something nice for someone else today?

Why people feel it necessary to come all the way out to my house to tell me I should find the love and joy of God. I am all for believing in your own thing and sometimes its interesting to learn about, when I ask about it. I don't need you to come to my house to TELL me what I should or should not read or believe in. If I wanted to talk about it I would have done something about it. I don't think it would be very acceptable if I went around to people's houses telling them my beliefs.

No comments: