Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hump Day

Today is Hump Day, better known as Wednesday. Just a few thoughts going on today:

I got a new job at the local pub. Its very convient, as it is a 5 min drive from my house. I have never been a server before, so I am a bit nervous, but so far I have worked two shifts and it seems to be going well. For the seven hours I have worked in total I have managed to make $64 dollars in tips. I would say thats not bad for a first timer. It's actually a fun job, I mean there is a lot of things to remember, and do, and it can become stressful, but the customers, for the most part, and staff are very nice, understanding and patient. The exact formula you need when starting a new job, it helps out a lot.

I have to study today for a midterm tomorrow, I am not really interested in studying at all. Especially for this particular midterm. The guideline for the exam was rather vague, my prof says: study your notes and the readings. Well thanks captain obvious...its a good thing she was around to tell me that or I wouldn't know what to study! Sheesh! So my motivation level on studying for this is rather low....but it must get done, so I will make the best of it.

I want to be healthy, and lose weight. The problem is working out sucks. But I must do it, not that I am overly obese or anything, but it would be nice to be thiner, and healthier. I must make myself get on that damn excercise machine that sits in my living room. If it kills me, i must do it. I am not going to like it, but like studying it must get done.

I am super excited for the end of the semester for many reasons! April cannot come fast enough!!

We got 48 cm of snow between Sunday night and Monday...that is a crazy amount of snow!! Thanks to all those who worked so hard in getting it cleared off the streets, you have an endless job through these long, snowy months. We appreciate your help!

My friends dad is in the hospital. I hope he is doing better, and I am sending out get well thoughts.

It would be nice if someone you loved went out of town and told you about their trip. My parents, who I talk to on a regular basis are not known for not returning phone calls. So when they called me on Friday night and I called them back Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, only to get no phone call back makes a girl wonder...worry is more like it. I talked to a close family friend who told me they probably went out of town. It would be nice to know that they went out of town in order to avoid constant worrying! A little consideration is all I ask, I am not their keeper, nor do they need permission, but honestly it would be nice to know that you will be away for a week.

I probably should go study and read. I hope you all have a fantastic day in whatever it is you are doing on Hump Day! Enjoy

1 comment:

Coralee said...

congrats on the serving job - you must be doing well with those tips! I am so proud of you and how well you are doing with your school work. You work hard at it and I know you're doing great! I hear you on the healthier, thinner comments. You should just get pregnant already, because breastfeeding is working well on the weight loss front (grin).