Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blake, Woodsworth, Keats, Oh my!

I am currently enrolled in an English class entitled the Romantic Period. At first I thought this sounded a little interesting, to my surprise it is dreadfully boring! This class runs Monday-Thursday for two hours every morning. I am not sure what is more challenging, the reading for the class or having to stay awake to talk about it. While some of the poetry is interesting and makes a lot of sense, there is only so much you can say about one poem, yet my prof finds a million ways to discuss the same poem. It's boring. If I ever have to hear about William Blake and his philosphical and revolutionary ways I may poke something through my eye, seriously! Thankfully we have finished Blake and are now onto Woodsworth who I am sure will be just as riveting!! I cannot wait for tomorrow's class!!

No comments: