Saturday, May 26, 2012

An update on life

Well it has been 8 months since my last post.  I apologize, to those few readers, for my lack of blogging.  After Allie was born life got a little hectic.  You can understand that, life just gets busy.  In my last post I wrote about, it was probably more like complaining, about lack of motivation.  Well my husband and I have found motivation, in a big way.  He has lost over 40lbs and I have lost 25lbs.  We finally figured out that not only do you need exercise to succeed, but eating is also part of the equation.  Once we got the eating under control the weight seemed to come off easily.  We are eating healthier and we have portion control.  It is amazing what 6 months can do.  The way we think about food is so different compared to six months ago.  How we much we eat, what we eat, where we eat is so completely different.  I am so proud of both of us.  We did it for ourselves, but Allie's birth had a significant impact.  We want to be healthy role models for her.  We want to be able to impose good eating choices and show her we do the same thing.  We don't want a "do as I say not as I do" model for life.   So we are doing well with that part of our life.

I have also started running.  I have always loved to run, but for some reason, I get into it and then out of it.  This time I am in it for good.  I just love to run.  I ran a 10km race on Mother's Day.  I was hoping to do it in 55 minutes.  I wasn't too much off that, I did it in 56:27.  I came in 27th out of the 99 people in my division.  I was quite pleased with myself.  I enjoy running and do it quite frequently.  My husband isn't into working out, but he goes out of necessity.  It makes him miserable, but he knows it needs to get done!

More exciting news....I got into the four year nursing program.  I applied last year but didn't get in due to that fact I didn't get some courses upgraded in time.  I was hoping for the two year program, but that didn't happen, so the four program will have to do.  If I really want to be a nurse then four more years of school will have be the way it is.  At first I was having a hard time dealing with being 37 when I graduate.  It throws a wrench into our live plans like having another baby.  I have learned that life cannot always be planned and to just let things happen.  So perhaps I will have a baby while in my first year of nursing.  It won't be as busy then because I won't have a practicum and I won't have as many classes to take due to the fact I won't have to take electives.  I know school will be challenging with two children, but I am sure it can be done. I cannot be the only one going to school with children.  I also have a wonderful supportive husband who is willing to help in any way he can, not to mention our wonderful family and friends who are there to help as well.  

Our little family is doing well.  Allie is 17 months old now.  She is so cute and smart.  I cannot believe how fast and well she develops everyday!  She is the highlight of our life.  She brings us such joy and happiness.  My husband's day care is going well.  I guess I should mention that he started a daycare in January.  He has two kids other than Allie and loves every minute of it!

8 months is a long time to not to write anything, so for me to say there is not really anything new seems far fetched, but I honestly cannot think of anything else to tell you at the moment.  The news I just delivered, above, is the most exciting and worthy of writing about. 

No comments: