Monday, October 19, 2009

If you can't say anything nice....

Isn't that the saying, if you can't say anything nice then you shouldn't say anything at all? I wish more people would consider this before they open their big mouths! So my last blog, a new path, told you all about where I am taking my education and what I would like to do with my life. I am super excited about it, but it seems that some people like to rain on my parade. For example a lady at work, my boss, heard what I was doing and she said, (insert disgusted voice here), "you went to school for five years and you want to be a dog groomer? Yep thats what she said. Outloud to my face!! I was very unpleased with her tone and attitude! My husband and family have told me that I cannot let these people get me down. Everyone is going to have an opinion, but sometimes thats easier said then done. Some customers at work told me that I would get nowhere with my BA degree! These are just two of many people who have POURED ALL OVER my parade, whether it was my new path or the fact that I have an education.

Anyway I am excited about what this new position is going to bring. For all of you who don't believe in what I am doing, well too bad for you! For all those that support me, you ROCK!!

6 comments:

The Original Princess said...

I'm just all over the blogs today. I know a girl who spent 5 years doing a rather intense science degree. The entire time she knew that after she graduated she was going to hairdressing school. She loves doing hair but should that change she has OPTIONS. Choice...it's a wonderful thing.

LLG said...

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Coralee said...

there are ALWAYS going to be those people who rain/pour on our parades, just fill your life with way more people who will cheer you on and support you! I say "go for it!" it'll be great! And I'm sorry that anyone had to rain on your parade.

Sunny said...

Doing what makes you happy is never a waste of time. Whether that means enjoying 5 years of further learning (education is NEVER a waste of time) or burying your face in the fur of the sweetest dogs ever, as long as you are having fun you're living right.
Let it pour!!! Let the naysayers say what they want. They can continue to hang out in a twobit bar, drinking and eating subpar food. You will be happy doing what you love and not serving people who are bitter and jealous that you are.

LLG said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Its great to hear

Independent Chick said...

You do what makes YOU happy. They don't live your life. So you went to school for five years and aren's following your field of study with a like career. Who cares?! It's education. That is never a waste. I've got your back girl. Have the time of your life.