Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Finally here

Well we finally made it to Alberta! It has been a long wait for my parents to meet our sweet little munchkin! Like most grandparents they adore her, and of course why shouldn't they! We are having a great time here! We haven't been doing anything too wild and crazy, but yesterday we went to the zoo. The little monkey seemed to enjoy herself! There were so many animals to look at, and due to her age, she was mostly interested in chewing on things and babbling. I am quite certain she took it all in, but some things take priority. Today we are going to Heritage Park.

It's crazy how out of whack little babies can get when travelling. A new environment, new time zone, new smells, and people make for a cranky baby! Actually she wasn't that bad, but compared to her normal bubbly self, she was cranky! Sleeping has been a little bit of an issue. She is sleeping in a play pen, but on the floor, which she is not used to. She goes to sleep fine in the beginning, but then for some reason wakes up and ends up in our bed. This means that one of us, my husband or I, ends up sleeping in another bed for the remainder of the night. She doesn't normally wake up in the middle of the night to eat, or otherwise, but due to the change in sleeping arrangements, perhaps she just needs a little comforting! I can understand that, and have to appreciate it. One night she was really upset, and it was stressing me out that she was crying. We are staying at my parents house afterall, and I was worried everyone was being kept awake, and that caused me to be a little annoyed! I know its not her fault she was upset and just needed a little TLC, but I was way overtired. My sweet husband took her, rocked her and told me to leave the room. I have learned that her needs are more important than my stressing about what others think, and that my parents don't care if she cries. She is a baby, that is what she does! We are leaving for B.C on Sunday to visit more family. I am excited about that trip as well.
I am excited about going to the Stampede. I hope time allows us to get there at least one day, just to walk around and take in the sights. I love the stampede and have been going for years. When I lived here, it was my favorite time of year! I think I am one of the few Albertans who still love this tradition. Yes its busy and noisy, but its awsome. The food is awsome, the exhibits are amazing and the people watching is out of this world!

1 comment:

AmyL said...

Welcome back to the west!! Wish I could see ya but I'm headed east on Sunday :)