Thursday, August 11, 2011

Just when you think you have gotten ahead....

Just when you think you have gotten ahead, BAM, the universe turns against you. We had a flood while we were on vacation. The insurance settlement is finally on its way and its a lot more than we expected. Of course this is a good thing. We have many plans on how to distribute the money. We are going to be responsible with it. We were all hyped up to pay off some debt. That is until the car gods decided to screw us! We have a 2o year old car. We have already put tons of money into it, and now it looks like we need to use some of our insurance settlement to fix the dumb thing! I am being optimistic in that it won't cost a lot of money, but since it won't start, I am assuming it's going to be a lot. The dumb car won't start! This is no minor thing! The kicker about this whole thing is that we are not keeping this car for much longer. We are getting, a new to us, car in a month and a half! I am so freaking annoyed that we have to spend money on something we are not planning on keeping!! So now we have to spend a lot of money that we don't have right now, which means we will have to borrow it until we get our insurance settlement and we have to wait until Monday to get our car fixed. This means that for three days we are stuck at home, and of course we don't live in town! AWSOME!

I am also super stressed out because my chemistry exam is coming up in two weeks. I am not good at chemistry, but what's more stressful is that I thought I was good at biology and it turns out that I barely passed the whole course. I thought I did alright on the exam and assignments, but nope I passed by the skin of my teeth! Not a great feeling considering the field I want to study which is all about biology! I try to tell myself that it was a correspondence class with no instructor and that for being a new student to this I did pretty well. Some days it works, and some days it doesn't!

Anyway this is my annoyed rant! I hope tomorrow will be a better mood day!

No comments: