Saturday, March 28, 2009

Heartbroken

Today A and I went to McDonalds for a quick lunch before hitting the home show, which by the way was so much fun, anyway at McDonalds as A and I were ordering we saw that the staff were getting ready to sing happy birthday to a cute little birthday girl. As A sat down with the food he had informed me that while waiting for our food he overheard the staff say that no one was coming to this little girls birthday party. There was a mishap with the timing, and no one but a few family members showed up. How devestating is that?! When A told me that I looked behind me and that little girl was sitting there with her dad looking so excited only to soon realize that no one was coming. While I did not break down in a complete sob fest I did have tearas in my eyes. I felt so bad for her. Bday parties are so supposed to be so fun that when you are older you can say I remember this one time when I turned five and my parents took me to McDonalds. Instead she will be saying I remember when no one showed up. I was heartbroken. I hope she had a better day!

No comments: