Friday, May 22, 2009

Its Finally Here

The day that I have been patiently waiting for is finally here. One of my very best friends and her husband is arriving at my house to live for six months. We have been talking about this day for about six months. About six months ago my two friends had decided they no longer wished to live out West. They needed a new adventure, but they weren't sure where the road would take them. They finally made the decision to come to NB. They have been travelling across Canada since the first weekend of May, sightseeing and visiting family and friends along the way . Today their journey ends at my house. I am super excited to see them since I haven't since their wedding in August of last year. I truly believe that they will love it here. I think you would be crazy not too. Its so beautiful here, peaceful, calm, more relaxed than the hustle and bustle of the million people zooming around Calgary in a hurry to get nowhere!

I my first sunburn of the season yesterday. It was 32 degrees here in Freddy, ouch that is HAWT, but it was so nice and relaxing to sit in the sun on such a nice day! I loved it. I could live in heat like that all year around, minus the sunburn of course! Today is supposed to be much the same, sunny and hot! Not bad for the end of May. Another reason to love it here, while we have nice warm weather, AB is getting cold, +7 weather. Another reason why not too stick around, the unpredictable weather. At least here there are four distinct seasons.

The flowers in my garden are blooming very nicely. The best part about those flowers is they come up every spring and I don't have to do anything. Whoever lived here before planted some very nice perennials, so in the spring I just sit back and enjoy their beauty. Our grass is growing like crazy. The first mowing of the year will be this weekend. Included in that will be the killing of those nasty dandelions. Man those suckers come up fast. Yesterday I saw none, today half my yard is full of them.

No comments: