Monday, April 7, 2008

Homesickness

I know homesickness never goes away completely, but i do wonder if it gets easier with time. While I have only been here for sixish months, i do not expect that i would be close to being cured by now, however I also did not think it would be this difficult. When i was making the decision to move i was excited, a brand new life with new friends, a new house, new school, new new new. I like new. I also thought that with technology communicating would not be that hard, and its not but for some reason homesickness is not getting easier. Don't get me wrong I love my new house, new friends and new city but I wish that all of my old things were here to share it with me. I hope that homesickness gets easier with time because i don't have that much room or time in my life to be homesick. I have many things to do and being homesick is not one of them.
Along with being homesick i miss my cat!! I love my cat, biast i know, but he is the best cat ever. He is with a friend of mine who is taking great care of him, however i wish he was here with me. I also hope this gets easier because my heart and feelings are hurt by this loss. anyone who has ever had a pet understands that when they go away its very hard.

2 comments:

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

I know what you mean by your heart hurting at the loss. When I left my crappy relationship, I had no choice but to leave my beloved doggie. Still think of her today. I believe she has passed on...still, was hard to let her go.

Things will get easier. It will all get easier. Get settled into that beautiful house of yours. Get through with school. It's all good. : )

LLG said...

Thanks for the supportive words...they are muchly appreciated and needed. My house and new friends are definately making it easier!