Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Alone

Well its 1230 am and I should be sleeping as I have to get up in the morning, but there are two things preventing me from going to bed. One I am not that tired, but two, more importantly, is that I have to sleep by myself. This will prevent me from sleeping for the next four days. A is out of town and well its hard to sleep without him when I have gotten used to sleeping with him. Some people might see it as a blessing because they can sprawl out and don't have to worry about sharing the bed, but I don't sprawl anyway and I like sharing the bed. Its going to be a long four nights. I know I sound so pathetic because I am whining about my husband being gone for a measley four days and some people suffer through their spouses being gone for weeks at a time, but those people are braver than I. While I am an independent person who can live by myself I just don't like to. When A is gone for a few days I miss him. Call me pathetic if you want to but thats the way it goes. Really four days is nothing, I spent two weeks away and that was hard enough. Anyway I am sure the four days will go by super fast and he will be home before I know it. Until then I will just have to find a way to fall asleep without him so when he gets home I am not unrested and cranky

2 comments:

Independent Chick said...

I still sleep on my side of the bed...after eight months. I hate sleeping alone too.

Coralee said...

I hear you, I miss it when David is not in the bed with me. When I was in the hospital after Abby's birth, I slept with extra pillows - one beside me for David and one on top of my belly for Abby.