Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dear Dimitri's Lady, Grab a fork and try the stuff!

Last night my husband and I went out for a nice dinner at a Greek restaurant in town. It was pretty tasty and we had a good time! At the end of the meal we ordered dessert. The waitress went through the dessert menu and the word chocolate coffee cheesecake caught my ear. I asked the waitress if she had ever tried it, she hadn't. Maybe she did not eat cheesecake so I ordered anyway. My husband heard chocolate lavacake, this was his choice of dessert.

My mouth was watering, I had not had cheesecake in a while and the anticipation of it coming to my table was killing me. My husband was looking forward to his yummy lava cake. I saw it coming, I picked up my fork and like an animal about to attack its prey I waited. She put it in front of me, I dug in immediately. The first bite so tasty.....wait, whats this, not cheesecake. Thats right folks it was not cheesecake. It was chocolate caramel cake. My husband got bakalava and not lava cake. Hmmm there was a problem.

I told the waitress "Excuse me I don't think this is cheesecake, it tastes and looks like regular chocolate cake to me". She says are you sure?! WHAT?! Lady, I have been dying for cheesecake for a long time and I love the stuff, I think I know cheesecake. She still wasn't sure so she asked someone else to check it out, apparently the chocolate cake was marked chocolate coffee cheesecake. She comes back, nope no cheesecake. She says " I am sorry, we must be out of cheesecake, I have never seen cheesecake or had it so I don't know what it is, which is why I did not know that wasn't cheesecake I served you". YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT CHEESECAKE IS?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? DO YOU LIVE UNDER A ROCK?!

Disappointed I still ate the regular old chocolate cake. The waitress felt bad as she could see it in my eyes I desperately wanted cheesecake but what is one to do. I wasn't going to give up the perfectly good peice of chocolate cake in my presence, so I ate. It was good enough, it was just no cheesecake!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at least. Dimitri's is pretty good. Try Pano's as well and let me know which is better. I like them both but Dimitri's is my preference over the two. What did you have for your main meal? And how in God's green earth can someone NOT KNOW the difference between a cheesecake and a regular cake?!!!! I'm not a huge cheesecake fan either but I know what the heck it is! If she's a waitress she'd better figure that one out and fast. What a moron!!! Not to mention that she also screwed up bacalava with a lava cake...what the heck is wrong with these people?!!!

LLG said...

it was pretty funny. She asked us if we wanted chocolate or raspberry sauce on our desserts, we both said chocolate. When my husbands dessert came he instantly knew that she had no idea what bakalava was b/c choc or rasp sauce do not go on that sort of dessert. We had a good meal. I had the chicken sovoulaki plate..it was delicious. I love the pita bread and tztaski sauce..i could go for some right now as a matter of fact...so yummy. We will try the other place and let you know!