Thursday, July 10, 2008

Had enough!

That is it, I have had enough. Well more like we have had enough. My job has brought too many tears, fights and miserableness to my life and my husbands life that we can no longer take it. People say that once you leave work you should leave whatever bad happened at the door, let it go. I am not one of those people. If something bad happens I am mad about it for longer than need be and feel the need to talk about it to who ever will listen. To those people who I talk to about it I am sorry, I am sure that my negative attitude towards work is the last thing you need to hear about. So today will be the last day that anyone needs to hear about my shitty boss and her capability of being incredibly mean.

I am going to the HR department to see if I can switch departments or I am quitting plain and simple. After yesterdays little episode of moodiness I decided I cannot work in that sort of environment any longer. That episode turned into an argument with many tears (on my side) at home which me realize that this is not a healthy work place and that life is too short to work somewhere that you despise. So whether I work somewhere else in the store or not at all I won't be working for her anymore.

The only reason why I kept this up so long, because it is not like me to put up with this much crap I have put up with a lot of crap in my life to never do it again, was to help out the finanical situation at home. I do not want to my husband to have to bear the sole responsibility of being the breadwinner. Last night at the end of our heated argument he told me he did not care about money and all he wanted was for me to be happy and not be bitter and angry anymore because of a stupid job. So thats it. School is coming up anyway which is the focus of my attention, if I can't switch departments I am done working for them. I will look for another job of course but if I don't have one before I quit thats ok too.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Your husband is right. When I was saying to stick it out it was only because it was just crappy at work but now if it's affecting your homelife as well you shouldn't stay there.
Go in and ask to switch and if they say no than tell them it's been a slice and leave right then and there.
It takes a big person to try and stick it out when the going gets tough but it takes an even bigger person to know when it's time to hang up the hat and try something else.

Lou said...

I'm with eggs! Get outta there. As soon as your work life affects your home life it's time to call it what it is...done! Good for you for giving it a go, but seriously, if it's not working out, then your done.
It's a great idea to check with the HR department though! Good on ya! I, most likely, would have been so feed up that I would have just gave my notice and left. At least your giving them a chance!