Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Goodbye

Regret is not uncommon to human nature. We always say I should have done this or If I had only done that and everyone says you should never regret just remember. I am experiencing regret at the moment. My aunt (the one who went missing) was found on Sunday dead. She died of a heartattack or stroke. I hadn't seen my aunt in 12 years and now I am regretting not picking up the phone and calling. However the past is the past and I cannot change that. I will have to remember the good times I did have with her and only hope she knows how sorry I am for not calling first. I hope she knows how much I loved her and how much fun I had with her.

While I am sad she is gone I am grateful she has found peace now. She did not have the best life and for most of it was not happy. I only hope she is happier now. She died doing what she loved to do beside her best friend, her dog.

We had the best times when I was kid. She took me camping and hiking many times and it was probaby one of the best times of my life. Its especially hard for my dad as it was his twin sister. Its like he has lost a part of himself.

It will take sometime but I am glad she has been found and is at peace with herself and the world.

R.I.P. Auntie Carol. We love you and will miss you!

No comments: