Friday, June 27, 2008

How much more?

This job of mine has got me in a real pickle of a situation. Its such a cycle of feelings that it leaves me wondering how much more I can take and what should I do about it. I hate my job but only because my boss is so mean and makes me feel so incompetent that going to work and having to deal with her is dreadful. At the same time I like all the other people that work there and I really actually don't hate my job, I only hate it because my boss is my boss. Where does that leave me, that is the pickle?

My first option is to stick it out. I have vacation time booked in which I don't know if I could get it going somewhere else. I am going back to school so I will hardly be there anymore and not to mention the best part she is going on Materinty leave very soon and won't be there anymore, not to mention all of her vacation days in between there. All of those days between me going and her going is a peaceful thought. Sticking it out until then though is something entirely different and not sure I can endure it.

My second option is to just look for another job and pray that the vacation time I need will be granted.

I am on the fence about these options. Looking for another job is music to my ears, however my boss is the bad apple in the bag and you don't throw out the whole bag just because one apple is bad. Everyone I work with are fun, nice, easy to get along with. I have only worked at this job for two months and while the thought of quitting pleases me at the same time I don't want to give up just yet! It would be like letting her win even though she doesn't know there is a problem. Its not very satisifying to come home everyday with a list of complaints about work or dread going to work all together. I am sure those reading this are chanting find a new job, especially if they have read other blogs about my wonderful work situation. I am just not sure that giving up is the answer. If I can stick out until Aug when I go on vacation for three weeks I will have conquered what seems the impossible. I think that I will stick it out as long as possible. I don't guarantee though that my temper won't get the best of me and I will suddenly be unemployed.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Lou said...

This is quite the pickle indeed. My first instinct is to say "stick it out". She's leaving soon, your leaving soon, and school is starting...soon. You may find it easier to deal with when school starts because you'll have another outlet in life. Not just crappy work, home, crappy work, home. You'll have school to keep your brian a-tickin'! I know how you feel, trust me. Perhaps stay around until school starts and see if that helps you deal with it better. If not, then think of your other options. Sorry dear, it sucks to think of being somewhere you truley dislike.

Sunny said...

I'm with Lou. Stick it out with the idea that it's only for a short time. Soon you two will be mearly ships passing in the night.