Monday, June 23, 2008

The weekend

I had a great time this weekend in P.E.I. It was all so beautiful, the weather, the scenery, the company, the food, the wedding. It was great. It was good to see old friends as well as vacation somewhere new with my husband. I really did have a great time!

I saw old friends from where I used to live. We laughed and shared stories about our new lives and not one awkward moment existed between us. Near the end of the trip I was worried that it would be hard to leave them again as I had eight months ago, however, hugging them all and saying goodbye I felt pretty good! I think it was good for me to see those friends again and realize that life where I am now is great and I don't miss home as much as I thought I did. There are certain people that I miss dearly but I am not so sure it was those people. Don't get me wrong I had a great time and i do miss them but nothing in their lives has changed and yet mine has change significantly. Its hard to explain in words but I feel that I made the right decision in moving and I think my homesickness from here on in will be much easier to handle!

No comments: