Monday, June 23, 2008

Married life

Being married is great! I love being married, my husband is a great man who I hope to share a long wonderful life with. That being said there is one thing about being married that I am very angry at! That one thing is school and finincial assistance.

Apparently when you are married the government thinks you have inherited all kinds of money you did not have before! I am hear to tell you this is not true. Sure I struck it big by marrying the man I love bla bla but that does not mean I also struck it big with the lottery. I recently applied for a loan to go to school this summer. My tution is just over a $1000 for two classes excluding text books. I, not making very much money and having to rely on my husband for support while in school, turn to the government for some help only to find out that b/c I am married I am only going to get $300 for my schooling this summer. Now I am no math expert but I am pretty sure that $300 is not even close to the $1000 that I need for school. I am pretty sure, again no math expert, that I need another $700 just to make up the tution fees!

Hmmmm this puts me in quite the dilemma....you see if I had $700 extra dollars just lying around I WOULD NOT HAVE TO ASK FOR IT!! So what am I going to do about this..good question, I am not exactly sure myself. I will figure it out. I have to or the way things are going I will still be going to University with my kids.

No comments: